- When making a right turn, it is not necessary to stop at a red light or stop sign. This is known as the "free right".
- High beams help you see better, so it is best to leave them on at all times.
- When talking on the phone, always drive in the middle, or “cell phone”, lane.
- Turn signals give away valuable tactical information to your enemies. Avoid using them at all costs.
- Whenever you need to merge, follow the vehicle in front of you as closely as possible to prevent someone in the other lane getting between you and slowing you down.
- Even if you are not passing another vehicle, if you think you might pass another vehicle at some point in the future, you should stay in the left-most, or "fast", lane.
- If the vehicle in front of you slows suddenly, swerve immediately onto the shoulder. This will impress the other drivers.
- At a four-way stop, the vehicle that slows the least has the right of way.
Saturday, January 28, 2012
How to Drive in Washington
Posted by Peter Freese